Halloween Collectibles - Great Reference Books



Are you a Halloween fanatic?

Are you considering becoming a collector?


These books are a great place to start. Full of info and guides about Halloween collectibles, you're sure to find a Halloween niche that appeals to your Halloween aesthetic.

I personally love Halloween Ephemera but of course, that's the hardest to find and if you do find it some is very pricey. Especially old Halloween lanterns, lamp shades, and transparencies from mid-century and earlier. Particularly the "Golden Years" of Halloween production 1920-1949.

These items are pricey because they are rare. Paper goods like cards, invitations, paper decorations, etc. were often thrown away or have been destroyed from time and improper storage. 

I also adore the old noisemakers. Well preserved noisemakers can catch a pretty penny, too. Value depends on condition and design. Some designs are more appealing than others.

Plastics are becoming a hot collectible- from the old fashioned styles of the 1940s and 50s to the easier to find plastic Halloween items from the 80s- all have value to Halloween collectors. I often find plastic items at yard sales and flea markets for pennies. This is a great place to start your Halloween collection if you don't have a lot of cash to spend.

My collection of actual Halloween "collectibles" is pretty small. I don't actively collect, I just acquire things that I happen to see at yard sales, garage sales and flea markets. I also have several items that are left overs from my 80s childhood that my mom found stashed in her basement. 

My collection grows slowly, but it does get at least one new item added every year. I can't wait for yard sale season to arrive. I would love to find a few new Halloween items to add to my collection this year.



Halloween Romantic Art and Customs of Yesteryear

Halloween: Collectible Decorations and Games (Schiffer Book for Collectors)

Vintage Halloween Collectibles: An Identification & Value Guide

Halloween in America: A Collector's Guide With Prices (Schiffer Book for Collectors)

Vintage Halloween Collectibles -Third Edition

Halloween Favorites in Plastic (Schiffer Book for Collectors)

Timeless Halloween Collectibles: 1920 to 1949, a Halloween Reference Book from the Beistle Company Archive with Price Guide (Schiffer Book for Collectors)

Collectible Halloween With Values (A Schiffer Book for Collectors)

No comments:

Post a Comment