#Creepmas Day 12- A Christmas Horror Story


My favorite holiday horror movie is A Christmas Horror Story. I think it is basically the Christmas equivalent to Trick 'r Treat. 

I'm not much for slasher flicks or overdone gore. I like a nice creep factor but not too many jump scares in my horror movies. For me, it's all about the story. I guess that carries over from being a book lover.


A Christmas Horror Story features a series of four interwoven tales that take place on Christmas Eve in a small town. Dangerous Dan, played by William Shatner, is a radio DJ stuck pulling a long shift at the radio station on Christmas Eve. During his broadcast the four stories take place. 

A bit predictable at times, a little campy, but the movie is done well and the makeup, effects and CGI and terrific. 

I think the Krampus is the best I've seen in a movie. And the surprise ending makes it all worth while.




High school students investigate a mysterious homicide that occurred the prior holiday season, a couple notices their young son is acting strangely after a snowy forest trip to cut down a traditional tree and one family are stalked through a winter wonderland by Krampus, the Xmas demon. Meanwhile at the North Pole, Santa is fending off zombie elves. Written by Fernando Pascussi

In the first story kids break into their school to investigate the deaths of two students. They found more than they bargained for and the results were deadly.

The second story demonstrates why stealing is not a good idea. Keeping elves hostage to do your bidding isn't suggested either.

The third story features a family with ties to Krampus.

And the fourth story has Santa fighting Mrs Claus and all of his elves that have been turned into zombies.

This leads us to the disturbance at the mall that Dangerous Dan has been mentioning through his broadcast.

I thoroughly enjoyed this Christmas anthology because it was different than all the holiday slasher flicks I've seen and I was really surprised by the ending (which doesn't happen very often). I also enjoyed the Krampus storylines (which came before the Krampus movie and the release of all the very bad Krampus horror films that followed). 

Escape from the normal holiday dazzle and saccharin sweet story lines and have some fun with A Christmas Horror Story.


No comments:

Post a Comment