Harry Potter Theme Party


I mentioned my son's Harry Potter Birthday Party before, but I finally found my folder of all my inspiration and items I used for the event.

We had the party in 2017 - before they had Harry Potter Party items at the stores. Over this past Christmas season I found Harry Potter themed party merchandise at Wal-Mart (cups, plates, favors, hats, a strand of lights, a metal pencil box). Almost 2 years too late for our party. But I bought some anyway...because Harry Potter.


For my son's party we had to go full on DIY. My son already had a broom, sorting hat and wand. We used those for decoration and party props.

Pinterest was my best friend. I can't believe I didn't make a Harry Potter board. I thought I did, but it's no where to be found. I started a new one, but trying to find all my sources is time consuming. 

I know all the graphics and printables I found were on Pinterest. I do not own the rights to any of the graphics below.

These are some of the graphics I printed and put on gifts, gift bags, and I used the Nimbus 2000 one to add to his broom.








I purchased stickers, pencil wands and the design for a have you seen this wizard poster on Etsy. The wands were a huge hit. Etsy has a huge selection of hand made HP party stuff. If you don't have time to go DIY but you want the DIY touch, search Etsy.

We took the digital file of the wizard poster and took it to a local printer to have it printed on a large heavy duty posterboard.


I purchase banners on eBay. His house is Ravenclaw so I bought him that and a Hogwarts banner. Those were used to decorate for the party- they now hang in his bedroom. He also received a Marauder's Map that was used for decor.



I made more stickers for party favors, printed out Harry Potter word searches, crossword puzzles, and other fun things to put on the tables to keep people busy.






I printed invitations from an online template I found. There are so many free printables out there you can really go wild. I found printables for House Ties, HP glasses, train tickets, wand permits, Hogwarts student IDs, sorting hat games...








And of course, my cake queen Ilona, made the sorting hat cake.


At the party my son received a complete set of the books- which he read over the summer- all of them (his birthday is May 21). He also received an illustrated copy of the first book and a bunch of Harry Potter themed items like keychains, necklaces, and a house pin set. 

I think this was one of the most fun themes I've done, probably because our entire family loves Harry Potter.

Last year we went to a Hogwart's Homecoming event and dinner. We each had a house scarf and gloves. It was a great time. 






2 comments:

  1. I can't find the ties you posted. Can I get it from you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if these are the exact same ones but here is a free printable:

      https://lovelyplanner.com/free-printable-hogwarts-house-ties-for-your-harry-potter-party/

      Delete