Alice in Wonderland Merry Unbirthday Tea Party with Witches Tea Flint



This past Friday I attended the Witches Tea Flint Merry Unbirthday Tea. A couple people had noticed I was pinning quite a few Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass images and were wondering what my plans were. 

Maybe an Alice themed Halloween party?

For now I was just pinning ideas for mini top hats for the tea party. 

I ended up making four. 

For the first hat I used a top hat form I purchased from an online craft store. It ended up being too large and heavy to pin to my hair without doing an elaborate up-do to give it something to anchor into. I also had my son's band festival on Friday so no time for fancy hair.

So I made another one- using a paper cup, toilet paper roll, cardboard and tissue paper.

Then my daughter decided she'd come home for Spring break and wanted to attend the party with me, and my bestie didn't get time to make the hat she was planning....so I made two more. 

So three mini hats made from cardboard cups and tissue paper. 

I made them all with things I had on hand- tissue paper, paint, ribbon, beads, and wire. 

The only purchased items for the three mini hats were a bag of cups from the dollar store ($1) because I only had one to make my original hat and Alice printable cards on Etsy for $3.95.


The hats were each a little different- Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter, and Cheshire Cat . We received tons of compliments on the hats and had a great time at the party.

Here are some images from the tea.








.Shop My Amazon Store for Alice in Wonderland Themed Items

No comments:

Post a Comment