My Review of A Christmas Tarot: Ghosts of Past, Present, and Future Cards #ghostsofchristmas #ChristmasTarotCards #Creepmas

On the first day of Creepmas I give to you....a review of a creepy Christmas Tarot Card set.



A Christmas Tarot: Ghosts of Past, Present, and Future Cards
by Dinah Roseberry (Author), Christine "Kesara" Dennett (Illustrator)

Description:


For those who love the holiday classic A Christmas Carol, embark on a journey of discovery through this Dickens-inspired 22-card Majors-only Tarot deck. 

Visit with interesting ghosts of the season—or any time of year—and connect to the spirit and magic that dwells in all our souls at Christmastime. 


Look inside these curious and fashionable images to interpret your life path and make the best decisions, receive guidance from Christmas Angels, and determine your past, present, and future through this simple and effective divination tool. Keywords on the cards allow for quick intuitive thinking while viewing situations that reflect daily life. 


Discover a special channeled Christmas angel message for each card you choose, and learn about Christmas traditions shown on the cards. Whether a beginner or advanced reader, you will be able to navigate the paths of self-discovery through these personal Christmas Tarot interpretations.








My Review

These are not at all what I was expecting. 

I was hoping for Victorian styled Christmas images with spooky ghosts. 


What I got is a mishmash of illustrations, photos, and added ghostly illustration that often seem like an afterthought. Nothing really fits together. 


However the overall effect is creepy AF. The disjointed imagery really adds a spooky edge to the readings.


I usually choose cards based on their beautiful artwork. However I chose these for the novelty of them being the ghosts of Christmas. 


I love my Christmas with a slight creep factor. And these cards supply a heavy dose creep. 


Too bad most people will be turned off by the creepiness. I know many think of Charles Dickens and the Disneyfied version of  A Christmas Carol which tones down the darkness, the ghosts, and the chill of winter's deadly touch. 


These cards embody that cold, dark, spirit in an odd way. Blending the darkness with everyday images creating a weird Christmas themed memento mori.


If you love the spookier side of Christmas- like an old fashioned Victorian Christmas full of ghosts stories and you love Tarot cards then check out A Christmas Tarot.


These ghostly Major Arcana cards are full of spooky Christmas images that will put you in the right frame of mind to deal with the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future.



The suggested reading is a 3 card spread representing your past, present, and future. There are other spreads available in the back of the booklet that is included with the cards.

I started with the basic past, present, future spread to get a feel for the cards.


For my first reading I received Star, Sun and Judgment Cards. The Star representing in my past - "I came, I saw, I conquered." In many ways that is true I associate that with my past accomplishments and my ability to survive and thrive despite all the obstacles and BS thrown at me. 

My present life is The Sun. I am basking in the glow of my accomplishments. It is my time to shine and I should do so. I feel that represents my success with my book Haunted Flint and my writing career.

My future is Judgment. With the current situations in my life, Judgment is front and center and I just have to wait and see what the outcomes will be.

So far, the cards have been pretty spot on.


My second reading I pulled Strength, Judgment and the World.

The Strength card represents telepathy and being "in tune" especially having a connection with animals. Perfect card for the woman with five cats and a turtle.

Judgment again, this time in my present. Again very fitting for what's going on in my life right now.

In my future is The World which represents that I will learn the lessons life has thrown my way and pass with flying colors. That's a good sign. I'll take it.

So even though the cards are a bit odd visually they tell me things that are very accurate. I feel an odd connection with them I wasn't expecting. It helped when my husband picked them up and said, "I ain't gonna lie, these are more than a bit creepy. I'm kinda freaked out by them and will probably have nightmares." LOL. Yes, I'm married to scaredy cat.  Yet he's the guy that sees all the ghosts in our house. Hmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment